I was tagged by SusuPetal to tell six random things about me in English. I have told a few random things about me earlier in Finnish. At first, I thought I could translate them, but so can you using the Google Translation machine in the sidebar. Then the challenge suddenly took me back to the England of the sixties. None of the occasions mentioned below made me laugh then. I won´t tag anyone this time. Here I open the curtain of my memories of for you:
- I became environmentally aware as early as in the 60s on the
, beachof Bognor Regis . Oil stained my towel. It took me a while to recognize what it was. Sussex
- I was even taken to watch a cricket match, and I got bored, because I didn´t understand a thing. Got sunburnt, though.
- I found it very embarrassing to have to have all my clothes washed in a laundry. There wasn´t a place in the house to hang your laundry. I once did, and the dripping water came through the ceiling. Shame on me!
- I found it weird there was only one sink in the kitchen. Dishes were done using Fairy water but they weren´t rinsed at all. Pretty soon I learned to do as the Romans do.
- Whatever they say about English food I put on weight during my three-month stay there. I don´t blame myself. I blame all the chocolate bars I had during the lunch breaks lying on the lawn. We thought we deserved them working so hard the rest of the day.
- I will never forget the night when I missed the bus to Felpham. It was misty but light enough for me to walk. The moment I got out of the streets I took my shoes off and started running like a frightened animal. The feeling of the softness of green grass is engraved in my memory forever.